Skyscanner is now looking for Graduates and Interns across Growth, Engineering and Design to join them on their journey.
Engineer your future. Technology Internship
Skyscanner is a tech company that just happens to be in the travel business. A magnet for world class engineers who want to work on core problems, successfully, at massive scale.
Our engineers challenge convention, using imagination, technology and tenacity to find better, more efficient solutions for our customers. Our future depends on them and as we grow, so do they.
Our hyper growth strategy means we’re constantly looking for talented, passionate, tech people to fuel that growth. So if you’re studying or have graduated in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths or similar fields, our door is always open.
- Are you at university and looking for a summer internship where you can make impact?
- Where you can reach millions of users with the code you write?
- Where you can work with and learn from some of the best innovators in the internet economy space?
- Are you keen to make an impact by shaping the future of travel and land your first job in the fascinating travel tech world?
We are looking for software engineers who have a passion for innovation and eagerness to learn new technologies. Our summer internship lasts for 3 months and our interns decide what they want to work on. We operate small empowered squads of agile project teams who have the power to choose their own technologies and typically work to sprint periods of 2 weeks. Our engineers are constantly innovating and thriving for new challenges and are therefore encouraged to rotate around the business and change teams every 6 months to 2 years.
- Are you a full stack engineer, do you have a preference for front end?
- Does machine learning excite you?
- And, on a more personal level, do you enjoy coffee, the occasional movie and popcorn night in the office?
Whether you want to build and improve the engine that powers Skyscanner across all platforms or focus on providing the best user interface on all devices or create innovative technologies to support our growth or all of the above, we want to hear from you.
Our mobile stack includes: Objective-C, Java, Android, REST API, C++, Junit, Gradle, Swift, Fastlane, Python
Want to join us? Please submit your CV here and be sure to answer the following questions in your cover letter.
1. What sort of engineer are you?
2. What technologies have you used and in which context?
3. What was your favourite project at university and how would you apply your learnings to Skyscanner?
4. What is the one thing you would like to improve about our product?
Once you’ll have submitted your application we will come back to you within 72 hours with an online coding test created by our engineers. This will give you an idea of some real life Skyscanner problems. You will have 5 days to complete this test and if you pass you will be progressed to the second stage which is a telephone interview. If the interview is successful, we will invite you to an assessment session in one of our offices.